Release date: 11 December 2019
We are pleased to release the complete edition OST by Riz Ortolani for the film “Mimi” (aka “Un dramma borghese”) for the absolute first time on CD.
Riz Ortolani composed an orchestral soundtrack with a recurring main theme resembling a children’s lullaby which was written for the adolescent girl in the film. It has a dramatic introduction and is then expanded on with the harpsichord and reprised in different versions with oboe, harp, and guitar, giving it a touch of magic. The rustic atmosphere is often interrupted by dramatic and mysterious passages (which perfectly evoke the daughter's unhealthy relationship with her father), as well as baroque music in a pop arrangement. We were able to access the masters in stereo from the original recording session and use everything that had been recorded. Here we have another CD that enriches the discography of one of the most beloved composers in the world.
DIRECTOR AND CAST
Directed in 1979 by Florestano Vancini. Starring Franco Nero, Lara Wendel, Dalila Di Lazzaro, Carlo Bagno.
After his wife leaves him, a journalist named Guido goes to Switzerland to take his sixteen-year-old daughter out of the boarding school where she is studying. His wife, Carla, a Spanish pianist, has most likely killed herself. Both father and daughter are suffering from sciatica pain and an annoying flu, so the two stop at the Hotel Victoria in Lugano. Guido’s daughter, Maria Luisa, nicknamed Mimmina, focuses all her desire to love and be loved on her father, and she is happy to finally be alone with him. With a mixture of innocence and perversion, the adolescent does not realize the discomfort she is causing her father with her continuous advances. This situation does not go unnoticed to the hotel attendants, who start to gossip. Also Dr. Vanetti, a wise family-man, offers the girl a holiday on the Ligurian Riviera. In the meantime, however, Thérèse, Mimmina's friend, arrives at the hotel for a visit and becomes Guido's lover. Mimmina immediately notices this relationship and is deeply hurt. While Guido accompanies Thérèse to the station, his daughter tries to commit suicide.
01. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (Titoli) 1:40
02. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (pastorale) 2:04
03. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (tensione psicologica) 1:51
04. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (momento amoroso) 1:29
05. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (pastorale) 2:15
06. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (giochi infantili) 4:04
07. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (una chitarra per lei) 2:36
08. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (barocco pop) 1:51
09. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (pastorale) 2:05
10. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (pianoforte inquieto) 2:52
11. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (pastorale) 4:41
12. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (sensi) 2:45
13. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (sarabanda chitarra) 3:02
14. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (ansia) 2:52
15. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (quasi ninna nanna) 3:52
16. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (mente buia) 1:32
17. UN DRAMMA BORGHESE (Finale) 2:13
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.