Release date: 10 December 2018
We are releasing the first complete edition CD of the OST by Carlo Rustichelli for the giallo comedy film “The Almost Perfect Crime” (original title: “Delitto Quasi Perfetto”).
Carlo Rustichelli (December 25, 1916 Carpi - November 13, 2004 Rome) wrote a mysterious score of pure suspense with strings and organ pieces. The author alternates gloomy atmospheres with wild surf lounge-style music and a recurring melody with trumpets and orchestra, which we might think of as a “cousin” to the movie “Blood and Black Lace” (“Sei donne per l’assissino”) directed by Mario Bava in 1964. This OST also contains the hit song “E se domani” ("And if tomorrow") by G. Calabrese and C.A. Rossi in an instrumental jazz-blues club version beautifully arranged by Rustichelli. C.A.M. previously released a single (AMP 1) with two tracks specially assembled by the author using various takes. For our full-length CD (55:56 min), we were able to access the mono master tapes from the original recording session, with Bruno Nicolai as conductor. This is another CD which can be added to the ever-growing discography of the venerated Maestro Carlo Rustichelli.
DIRECTOR AND CAST
Directed in 1966 by Mario Camerini. Starring: Pamela Tiffin, Philippe Leroy, Graziella Granata, Bernard Blier, Massimo Serato, Fernando Sancho, Alfredo Marchetti, George Wang, Silla Bettini, Alan Collins, Giulio Donnini, Consalvo Dell'Arti, Adriana Facchetti, Ignazio Leone, Peggy Nathan, Nino Persello, Massimo Sarchielli, Vladimiro Tuicovich.
During a flight back from Hamburg, journalist Paolo Respighi (Leroy) becomes acquainted with Miss Annie Robson (Tiffin), who is an orphan and very rich heiress on her way to Rome where her uncle is waiting for her. Annie and her uncle are then planning on accompanying her niece to Beirut to collect a five million dollar inheritance. In Rome, Paolo decides to follow the girl’s car, a bit out of journalistic curiosity and a bit because he is dazzled by Annie. She drives up to a mysterious villa and disappears.
When Paolo arrives at the newspaper the next day, he receives the unpleasant surprise of his dismissal for poor performance. He decides to get revenge by making an anonymous phone call to the newspaper announcing a crime committed in the villa where Annie had disappeared. Police operations and further curiosity put him on the trail of authentic crimes, kidnappings and fake identities, as well as plots aimed at taking illicit possession of the famous inheritance. Entering into a vortex of conspiracy, Paolo involuntarily solves the entire sinister scheme.
01. ...QUASI PERFETTO (Titoli) 2:14
02. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (Un caso misterioso) 2:05
03. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (Delitto in Blues) 3:36
04. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (Sospetti) 3:58
05. DIVERTIMENTO IN GIALLO 1:27
06. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (Sulle tracce dell'assassino) 2:31
07. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (Pamela Surf) 2:33
08. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (Attesa al buio) 2:21
09. DIVERTIMENTO IN GIALLO 1:58
10. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (Atmosfera suspence) 2:12
11. ...QUASI PERFETTO (Titoli ripresa) 2:10
12. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (Indagine) 3:28
13. DIVERTIMENTO IN GIALLO 1:46
14. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (Indizi) 2:41
15. E SE DOMANI 2:55
16. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (Scena del crimine) 2:39
17. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (L'assassino nell'ombra) 4:39
18. DIVERTIMENTO IN GIALLO 2:01
19. DELITTO QUASI PERFETTO (Risoluzione del caso) 2:31
20. ... QUASI PERFETTO (Finale) 1:14
original single versions
21. DIVERTIMENTO IN GIALLO 1:43
22. ...QUASI PERFETTO 2:37
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.